I”m heading to Manila today and will be in the Philippines until March 24. On this trip I bring the following items:
- Asus eeePC 1000 (40GB flash, 10″ screen)
- Canon EOS 50D with sundry batteries and memory cards
- 50mm 1.8F lens for above
- 17-85 EF-S IS lens for above
- 11-16mm 2.8F Tokina lens for above
- Several changes of underwear, socks, t shirts
- One leather-bound journal style notebook, found entirely blank on a street a couple of years back. previously used on my Taiwan trip last summer
- The cheapest Nokia GSM phone sold in Taiwan as of last summer, to be used with locally purchased SIM card (my last trip there was a vending machine in the airport, I hope there still is)
- Monies, cards of credit, and other documents as being necessary for the execution of commerce
- Osprey brand hiking backpack
- And other divers items of minor importance
My exact plans are still rather vague, but definitely involve spending some time in Manila, visiting the Banaue Rice Terraces, and probably riding the Philippines’ single long distance train line from Manila to the its terminus in the SE corner of Luzon and seeing what’s on the other end.
I will hopefully find some internet along the way and do a bit of blogging, and there will be an extensive visual record upon my return.