If you have a Japanese mobile phone and use Google Calendar, here’s a minor hack that lets you view your up-to-date calendar through your mobile browser:
- Open Google Calendar.
- Go to the list of calendars on the left side of the screen, and click on the arrow next to the calendar you want to view. Select “Calendar Settings” from the menu.
- Click the blue “HTML” button next to “Private Address.”
- Select “configuration tool.”
- Select “no controls” and set Mode to “Agenda.”
- Copy the Google URL that appears in the code box: everything from the ‘src=”‘ to the next quotation mark. It should look kind of like this:
You should be able to go to this URL in your web browser and get a simple list of your upcoming appointments.
- E-mail this URL to your keitai, then click through, bookmark and enjoy!
Now, if only Google would provide a really simple way to do this…